Friday, May 11, 2007

Double Dutch

Over the past two days I've discovered two thoroughly amazing things from Amsterdam.

The first was the result of a search for "Free Design" on youtube:
Orchestral Pop Duo Bauer. WOAH. Where have you been all my life, Bauer?? Apparently in Amsterdam, that's where. And also on the web at these convenient locations:
bauer-plaza.com
on myspace
on youtube watch "Save" and "I'm No Prototype", but start watching here, why not!


The second was the result of perusing their website. I found they had listed a link to the visual works of Persijn Broersen and Margit Lukács- mostly video, some other stuff I'm unsure how to describe, partially due to some language barriers (although I'm surprised how much ik kan lezen and understand thanks to German), but also it's just a dense website with so much to explore. But to help, here's a place to start:
pmpmpm.com
Here is something where they removed subjects from newspaper images, just leaving the backgrounds. Very cool.
And I really liked these two music videos. Both take a moment to get into, but it's worth the wait. I think I like the one from 2002 best. Very clever interaction with the song and very well done using just stock footage, as far as I could gather.
Not sure what this is, but it's so beautiful!!

I hope you'll go check out these links! It's the stink of the day in the very best way.

No comments: